MC55 Enterprise Digital Assistant (EDA)
The MC55 EDA brings a new level of flexibility, functionality and rugged design to size-optimized mobile devices, providing mobile workers with the power to streamline business processes, increase productivity and improve customer service. The smallest and lightest Motorola rugged EDA with a 3.5-inch display, the MC55 packs the power of a cell phone, two-way radio, bar code scanner, digital camera and mobile computer - all into a single device. Designed to meet mobile worker, business application and IT requirements, this easy-to-use and easy-to-carry business-class device offers true consumer styling as well as enterprise manageability, security and scalability.
- Sleek yet rugged pocket-sized lightweight form factor
Built for year round use in nearly any environment, with IP54 sealing and the ability to survive 4 ft./1.2 m drop to concrete.
- Powerful microprocessor designed for mobility: XScale PXA270 @ 520 MHz
Desktop-like performance with lower power requirements.
- Microsoft's latest operating system: Windows Mobile 6.1
Increased interoperability with existing enterprise infrastructure; enhanced security features; more flexible development platform; improved mobile messaging collaboration.
- 802.11a/b/g WLAN connectivity with flexible VoIP (VoWLAN) support (MC5590 only; MC5574: 802.11b/g)
Cost-effective voice and data connectivity in the office and hot spots
- WPAN: Bluetooth® v2.0 Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
Wireless connectivity to modems, printers, headsets and more; v2.0 provides additional throughput, improved security and additional profiles for expanded connectivity to more device types.
- High-quality speakerphone, microphone and transducer
Superior voice quality and performance.
- Multiple voice modes: handset, speakerphone and Bluetooth headset
Flexibility to use the right mode at the right time.
- Multi-mode data capture: 1D/2D bar code scanning plus 2-megapixel, auto-focus, flash-enabled optional color camera with decode capability
Ability to capture high-quality pictures, documents and signatures as well as 1D and 2D bar codes improves workforce automation, increases productivity and reduces data errors.
- 3.5 inch color high definition QVGA display (320 x 240)
Easy to view in virtually any lighting.
- Mobility Platform Architecture (MPA)
Enables easy and cost-effective porting of applications from many other Motorola mobile computers.
- IEEE 1725 compliance for the entire MC55 system - including all models, all batteries and all power-related accessories (such as cradles and charging cables)
Mitigates battery system failure, bringing a new level of reliability, quality and safety to the entire MC55 system
- Multiple keyboard options
Flexibility to use numeric, QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY and NAV PIM (5590 only) keyboards allows MC55 to meet diverse user and application needs.
- User accessible microSD card slot
Provides additional memory and expandable functionality.
- 128MB RAM/256MB ROM
Provides memory space required to enable robust performance for database applications.
- 2.5G WWAN: GSM/GPRS/EDGE broadband connectivity over the cellular network (MC5574 only)
High performance wireless broadband with the world's broadest voice and data footprint for workers outside the four walls.